Contained here are the Terms and Conditions, which you must read and agree to before registering in Teacherlookup.com. Please take a time to read and understand the Terms and Conditions before registering at Teacherlookup.com. If there are any questions please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Existing members shall be informed of these Terms and Conditions once they login. Continued registration with Teacherlookup.com is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time.
Please make sure that your email address we have stored for you is current and you can access it. You can update your email address within your Personal Info section once you sign in.
1. The following expressions are given the following meanings:
(a) "Contract" is the agreement between the Tutor/Teacher and the Tutee/student for the Tutor/Teacher to perform services for the Tutee/student.
(b) "Teacherlookup.com Website" is the website operated by Teacherlookup.com.
(c) "Members" means Tutor/Teachers and Tutee/students.
(d) "Tutee/student" means a person that uses the Teacherlookup.com Website with the intention of entering into a contractual relationship with a Tutor/Teacher for the provision of tuition services by the Tutor/Teacher to the Tutee/student or the Tutee/student's parent/guardian.
(e) "Tutor/Teacher" means a person that has appropriate qualifications and experience to provide tuition services in the areas advertised by the Tutor/Teacher on the Teacherlookup.com Website, with the intention of entering into a Contract to provide tuition to the Tutee/student or the Tutee/student's nominee.
2. In these Terms-
(a) words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa; and
(b) words importing the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa. General
3. All business undertaken by Teacherlookup.com, a Tutor/Teacher and/or a Tutee/student or his parent/guardian is transacted subject to these Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and any other terms and conditions, these Terms shall prevail. Obligations of Teacherlookup.com and related provisions
4. The Teacherlookup.com Website has been established to allow a Tutee/student to contact a Tutor/Teacher and to allow a Tutee/student to view the Tutor/Teacher's profile.
5. Teacherlookup.com is not responsible for appraising information on the Teacherlookup.com Website. Members should exercise complete caution. Despite prohibitions, Members may provide information or otherwise behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading or illegal. Further, Teacherlookup.com can offer no guarantee that Members are who they say they are.
6. Teacherlookup.com will take precautions it considers appropriate to keep the details of a Tutor/Teacher and Tutee/student secure but will not be liable for unauthorised access to the information provided by a Tutor/Teacher and Tutee/student on the Teacherlookup.com Website.
7. A Tutor/Teacher warrants that he-
(a) is of at least eighteen years of age;
(b) has the necessary qualifications and/or experience to provide tuition in the subjects specified by the Tutor/Teacher on the Teacherlookup.com Website.
8. Tutor/Teachers who contact Tutee/students who are under the age of 18 must ensure that the Tutee/student has consent from a parent or a guardian to provide tuition services to the Tutee/student.
9. A Tutor/Teacher is responsible for the prices quoted for his services on the Teacherlookup.com Website and for collection of all fees due to a Tutor/Teacher from a Tutee/student. Teacherlookup.com is not liable to the Tutor/Teacher for any fees that have not been paid and will not get involved in any disputes about fees between a Tutor/Teacher and a Tutee/student.
10. A Tutor/Teacher takes full responsibility for all information that he provides on the Teacherlookup.com Website and must indemnify Teacherlookup.com in relation to any liability incurred by Teacherlookup.com as a result of such information.
11.A Tutor/Teacher must contact a Tutee/student through the Teacherlookup.com Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
12.A Tutor/Teacher shall indemnify Teacherlookup.com for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Tutor/Teacher of the Teacherlookup.com Website, including costs and expenses incurred
13. A Tutor/Teacher must not be in any way abusive about a Tutee/student or his nominee on the Teacherlookup.com Website or any other place.
14. A Tutor/Teacher is not an employee of Teacherlookup.com and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax, National Insurance and other liabilities arising from use of the Teacherlookup.com Website.
15. All information provided by a Tutor/Teacher on the Teacherlookup.com Website must be accurate and kept up-to-date. This includes a correct name, address, telephone number and qualification/experience details. Details entered by the Tutor/Teacher on the Teacherlookup.com Website will be publicly visible and may appear in search engine results.
16. Use of the Teacherlookup.com Website is entirely at a Tutor/Teacher's own risk. A Tutor/Teacher must exercise complete caution when using the Teacherlookup.com Website and entering into any agreements to provide Tutoring/Teacher services to a Tutee/student.
17. A Tutor/Teacher must not complete on behalf of the Tutee/student any coursework, essays, or other assignments.
18. A Tutor/Teacher must not request any upfront fees. A Tutor/Teacher must only accept payment for a single lesson at a time, to be paid at the completion of that lesson.
19. A Tutor/Teacher will pay a one off fee for a certain period of membership, after joining teacherlookup.com.
20. The details of Tutor/Teacher will be checked before it is displayed on the website. The site has right to reject inappropriate details the Tutor/Teacher wish to display.
19. A Tutee/student who is under 18 years of age must have consent from a parent or a guardian to register and that parent or guardian must enter into an agreement with a Tutor/Teacher to provide tuition services. It is the responsibility of that parent/guardian to check the credentials of the Tutor/Teacher. Teacherlookup.com is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent or any problems that a Tutee/student or a parent/guardian has experienced with a Tutor/Teacher.
20. A Tutee/student, or where relevant their parent/guardian, is responsible for verifying the credentials, expertise, references, CRB checks and qualifications of any Tutor/Teacher with whom he enters into or proposes to enter into a Contract. Teacherlookup.com does not offer any guarantee that any information provided on the Teacherlookup.com Website is accurate and correct.
21. A Tutee/student, or where relevant their parent/guardian, accepts that his Contract for tuition services is with the Tutor/Teacher. Teacherlookup.com is not a party to such a Contract and is not responsible for the performance of any obligations agreed or impliedly agreed through actions between the Tutor/Teacher and Tutee/student.
22. A Tutee/student must contact a Tutor/Teacher through the Teacherlookup.com Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
23. A Tutee/student agrees not to use Teacherlookup.com to advertise, promote or search for tuition services for their own company, nor may an agency acting for a company register to promote their services or opportunities. Tuition agencies wanting to promote their service on Teacherlookup.com should contact us.
24. A Tutee/student cannot act as an agent to promote the services or opportunities of a company.
25. A Tutee/student must not publish any abusive comments about a Tutor/Teacher or a Tutee/student on the Teacherlookup.com Website or any other place. This include defamatory or derogatory comments.
26. Teacherlookup.com is not responsible for examination entry; this is the sole responsibility of the Tutee/student.
27. A Tutee/student must not pay the Tutor/Teacher for lessons in advance. Teacherlookup.com are not liable for any financial loss that may occur as a result.
28. A Tutee/student must not request a Tutor/Teacher to complete coursework, essays, or other assignments for them.
29. Members must not use the Teacherlookup.com Website for illegal, unlawful or prohibited purposes. This includes sending or posting junk e-mail or spam, publishing misleading, defamatory, indecent, obscene or advertising material, or send viruses and worms.
30. Members must not impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that they have no authority to use.
31. Members must not post material to the Teacherlookup.com Website in which the copyright or intellectual property is or may be the property of another person or body.
32. Teacherlookup.com has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any material available on the Teacherlookup.com Website, whether provided by Members or others. Third party websites may appear on the Teacherlookup.com Website. Teacherlookup.com does not endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything which appears on it.
33. Teacherlookup.com is not and cannot be responsible for the behavior of Members, whether on the Teacherlookup.com Website or outside of it. Teacherlookup.com only provide a service for a Tutor/Teacher and Tutee/student to be introduced. Teacherlookup.com does not pre-screen or monitor the material contributed by Members.
34. Teacherlookup.com is not liable for direct, indirect consequential or any other form of loss or damage that may be suffered by a Member through the use of the Teacherlookup.com Website including loss of data or information or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage.
35. Members agree to indemnify Teacherlookup.com against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these Terms and Conditions or through use of the Teacherlookup.com Website.
36. Teacherlookup.com does not guarantee that a Tutor/Teacher will be secured to meet the Tutee/student's needs.
37. Teacherlookup.com is not responsible for any grade received by a Tutee/student or any consequence that examination grades entails.
38. The code, brand and intellectual property of the Teacherlookup.com Website cannot be reused without Teacherlookup.com's consent. All copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the Teacherlookup.com Website (including the material which is contributed by Members) are owned by Teacherlookup.com. It is prohibited to copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the Teacherlookup.com Website, or any of the material which is found on the Teacherlookup.com Website without the consent of Teacherlookup.com. Please see our Copyright Notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
39. By submitting any material to the content to the Teacherlookup.com Website, you:
(a) are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
(b) grant Teacherlookup.com a non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-terminable licence to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works from that material in any form and any place; and
(c) authorise Teacherlookup.com to adapt the relevant material and you waive the right to be identified as the author of the material in question.
40. Teacherlookup.com reserves the right to withdraw or modify aspects of the Teacherlookup.com Website, or the entirety of it.
41. Teacherlookup.com reserves the right to suspend or terminate a Member's access to the Teacherlookup.com Website, or parts of it. Teacherlookup.com reserves the right to remove, or require the Member to remove, material posted on the Teacherlookup.com Website. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the Teacherlookup.com Website without prior consent from Teacherlookup.com.
42. The open-access nature of the Teacherlookup.com Website means that Teacherlookup.com cannot prevent determined people whose Membership has been suspended or terminated from re-accessing or re-registering as Members, in breach of their obligations under these Terms.
43. Teacherlookup.com reserves the right to withdraw any material on the Teacherlookup.com Website which appears, whether based on information received from Members or others or our own determination, to be capable of breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions, or to bring the Teacherlookup.com Website into disrepute. Teacherlookup.com does not generally monitor material which appears on the Teacherlookup.com Website and Teacherlookup.com is reliant upon Members to notify Teacherlookup.com of anything Member's see here which appears likely to breach these Terms and Conditions.
45. Teacherlookup.com may restrict access to the Teacherlookup.com Website for any period and if necessary permanently at the sole discretion of Teacherlookup.com. Members shall not be entitled to any reimbursement of any fees or expenses incurred as a result of such restriction or for any inconvenience caused.
46. Teacherlookup.com may monitor postings to the Teacherlookup.com Website and communications through the Teacherlookup.com Website and have the right to delete and/or block such postings or communications at their sole discretion.
47. Teacherlookup.com give no guarantee that the Teacherlookup.com Website is free of viruses worms or any other form of harmful components.
48. The distance data supplied on the Teacherlookup.com website is calculated using the latitude and longitude of the postcode. On occasions we only use part of the Postcode, so Teacherlookup.com can not guarantee that the data supplied on distances between postcodes is accurate.
49. Teacherlookup.com may contact its members by the details we have stored on their account, this could include by email and phone.
50. Teacherlookup.com may use data for statistical analysis and may provide this to interested third parties.
53. Severability. In the event that any term of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
54. English Law and the jurisdiction of English Courts applies to these terms.
CONTACT US FOR ANY QUERYContact Us